Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I need help with a public issue here on "Yahoo!Answers"?

Back when I turned Thirteen, I had been hanging around friends that Had been making Anti-Semetic, and Racist Jokes, but when I copied the punchline back, I was called "Racist". I became confused, because I wondered how anyone could make things of that nature "a joke". My confusion lead me to make some really bad mistakes, the biggest of which was a racist remark I had made on my Thirteenth birthday out of confusion, and not hate. This made one of the "Friends" who confused me, angry, as well as my father. I'v been hurting, and struggling, and haunted over these mistakes for years! Trying to come to terms with them, so I could go back to living carefree. When I realised "Yahooanswers" was the perfect place to make a public apology for the statements I made out of confusion, I decided to go for it last night, only to be criticized, and beaten down for it (understandably). Although, in my lengthy apology, I did not explain what lead to my remarks, so people became angry with me. I just want forgiveness, so that I can move on from this prison! I did not want to mention who confused me, because it was afterall, an apology for my own faults. I have only done that three times, one which was after this, which was made by mistake. And the other two, were out of confusion. I did not explain the confusion part, but knew that If I confessed, I would finally be able to move on, and build a brighter future, one without guilt. Apparently, my apology actually offended some, while others knew that I was being sincere. My apology can be found here: "Can/Would you please forgive me for this?". I truly feel bad, and some people just arnt satisfied, but I'm dedicated to making this right to everyone I offended! But How should I let them know that it was not out of hate, but out of innocence? Please help, I'm in a real mess here!

No comments:

Post a Comment